Virginia DAR Nursing Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Virginia Daughters of the American Revolution
Two scholarships are awarded to high school seniors who will continue their education at an accredited Virginia school of nursing. Students applying to a Virginia community college transition program leading to a four-year degree and students who are home-schooled are also eligible to apply.
The applicant shall:
1. Be a student in a senior class of an accredited Virginia high school or home school program.
2. Plan to continue his or her education at an accredited Virginia school of nursing.
3. Be eligible to apply if he/she is an applicant to a Virginia community college transition program leading to a four-year degree in nursing.
The applicant must submit the following in the order listed (no paper clips or staples):
1. Cover Sheet for DAR Scholarship Application with the signature of the applicant.
2. Virginia DAR Nursing Scholarship Application
3. Transcript of high school grades (may be submitted in a sealed envelope)
4. A letter by the applicant (maximum of 500 words) describing career objectives and reasons for an interest in a career in nursing.
5. A letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor (may be submitted in a sealed envelope)
6. Virginia Scholarship Financial Need form (may be submitted in a sealed envelope)
1. All required forms, transcripts and letters must be received in one envelope.
2 .Electronic applications are not permitted.
3. Award is based on merit and financial need.
4. The award must be used in the year in which it was granted.