Jimmy Rane Foundation Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Jimmy Rane Foundation
The Jimmy Rane Foundation was established with the purpose of sending deserving students to college. Since then, the Foundation has awarded 560 scholarships to well-deserving students. These hard-working and outstanding students have taken these scholarships all over the country to institutions including: Auburn, Alabama, University of Pennsylvania, Harvard, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Indiana, Troy, Duke, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech, Georgia and many more. We’re confident that these exceptional scholars will use their education to accomplish great things. We're also confident that they will one day return the favor to someone else in need.
The eligibility criteria to be considered for a Jimmy Rane Foundation Scholarship are as follows:
- Scholarships from the Foundation shall be used only at an institution that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum, and normally has a regularly organized body of students in attendance at the place where the educational activities are carried on, and that is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as being accredited by recognized accrediting agencies;
- Employees of Great Southern Wood Preserving, Incorporated, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- Students must certify that they did not participate as a student athlete (whether on partial or full athletic scholarship or otherwise) in intercollegiate sports during the prior semester (or quarter, if applicable) or academic year and will not participate as a student-athlete in intercollegiate athletics during the coming semester (or quarter, if applicable) or academic year.
- Students seeking degrees through online or distance learning programs exclusively shall not be eligible for Jimmy Rane Foundation Scholarships;*
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 for graduating high school seniors;
- Students enrolled full-time as a high school senior, progressing normally toward graduation in the Spring/Summer 2023, with plans to enter college no later than the Fall following graduation OR students enrolled full-time as a college freshman or sophomore, no older than 20 years of age as of August 1, 2023, and progressing normally toward a bachelor’s degree;
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 for college applicants;
- All applicants must reside (permanent home address) in one of the following states or the District of Columbia: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia or West Virginia.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident;
- Online/distance learning courses are permitted when a part of the required curriculum is taught in the campus environment and when such course is only available online or through distance learning.
- Jimmy Rane Foundation scholars are students who exhibit academic excellence, leadership skills and community involvement as well as activities, awards and honors, and who have a demonstrated financial need in order to attend college. They must demonstrate their desire and ability to overcome barriers and to achieve their goals. Your application will be evaluated on your:
- Future goals and plans to achieve them
- Successful preparation as a high school student to prepare and pursue a college education
- Self motivation in completing challenging coursework
- Demonstration of financial need.