Kids' Chance of Virginia Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by Kids' Chance of Virginia
Kids' Chance of Virginia (KCVA) provides college scholarships to the children of Virginia workers who have been killed or severely or fatally injured in a workplace-related accident.
KCVA awards as many scholarships as the current year's funding will allow. We encourage any student between the ages of 16 and 25 who fits the eligibility requirements below to apply.
Scholarship applications are due by May 1st.
If you are a student who fits the criteria listed below, please consider applying for a scholarship through Kids' Chance of Virginia!
A student between the ages of 16 and 25
A child of a parent whose work related injury caused a significant decline in family income and circumstances
A student who plans to pursue a post-secondary or trade school education in the Fall semester
Applications can be filled online, or by submitting the following document in full to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To complete your online application, you will still need to email the following documents:
1. Most current transcript of grades and college/technical school transcripts available
2. Student Aid Report (SAR)
3. Brief description of accident
4. Death certificate of deceased parent
5. Current medical reports, including disability slip on injured parent
6. First report of injury of parent
7. Two letters of recommendation